WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB //
Are you a strategic problem-solver? Do you love working with clients across different industries to develop high impact experiential programs that drive business objectives? Are you a collaborative team player, who thrives in a fast-paced, integrated environment? Are you a seasoned manager, who enjoys mentoring and leading high-performing teams?
GMR San Francisco is looking for someone to lead a dynamic team and portfolio of work across, experiential and sponsorship disciplines. You will provide leadership across global and domestic accounts from strategic planning through execution and ensure consistent delivery of results to top client executives.
YOUR IMPACT //
- You are a leader. You’ll oversee and lead the team’s client consulting and service relationships. You’ll serve as a key member of the business leadership team for the client on all aspects of GMR work and deliverables.
- You think with constant innovation. You’ll work with clients to understand their business objectives and create marketing and experiential programs to suit their needs. You’ll develop, maintain and grow client relationships to increase organic business opportunities.
- You love thinking strategically. You’ll work alongside GMR senior leaders to establish strategic platforms that serve as the vehicle to drive client objectives and brand messaging. You have a strong grasp on how sponsorship and experiential can drive tangible business results.
- You’re a problem-solver. You thrive in collaborative environments and have an unwavering commitment to getting to great work. You’ll work with internal departments to ensure consistent delivery of results through proper alignment of resources and priorities, effective communication, clear objectives, strategic performance management, and informed decision making.
- You have a history of developing talent: You are passionate about your team and are constantly looking to motivate and develop the next generation of talent. You believe in real-time feedback and fostering a culture of growth.
YOUR EXPERIENCE //
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in marketing strategy, marketing management, and/or experiential/sponsorship marketing (Sports, Entertainment and Lifestyle).
- Business experience with a Fortune 500 organization and/or entrepreneurial agency environments preferred.
- Proven leadership and decision-making skills. Ability to lead a team of people and recruit, inspire, mentor, and grow talent to produce the best possible work for clients. Personality traits for success include integrity, honesty, transparency and a team-first leader.
- Deep experiential marketing experience and knowledge of the industry and landscape. Knowledge and a skillset in innovative marketing practices (digital, social, content) while understanding the marketing mix outside of just pure experiential marketing.
- Experience in strategic planning and implementation, including strong command of writing briefs, managing the creative development process, mining consumer insights to drive concepting.
- Proven business development track record of growing organic business and leading and contributing to new business presentations.
- Ability to manage constant change, develop high performance teams and strong client partnerships
- Financial acumen in order to manage the financials of multi-million dollar client portfolio’s to healthy margins
- Ability to travel approximately 35% of the calendar year