WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB //
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Client Consulting & Services, the Account Director will have the main responsibility of leading sponsorship strategy, negotiation activation planning and management across GMR NY’s two largest clients. In addition, as a senior leader in the office, the Account Director will drive organic client growth while supporting the Director of Business Development in our efforts to generate new business for the GMR NY office.
YOUR IMPACT //
- Oversee GMR NY Client Consulting & Services team of 2-3 direct reports.
- Manage the creation and execution of flawless programs for our clients to fulfill their business and marketing objectives.
- Serve as senior contact with clients and sponsorship marketing partners.
- Lead client sponsorship programs from strategic development to partnership management to execution.
- Develop/oversee client sponsorship activation plans, including asset management, platform development, digital + social + content strategy, retail marketing, talent integration, fan experiences and VIP hospitality
- Negotiate contracts on behalf of clients with various sports leagues/teams, entertainment properties, events, media platforms, talent, venues, etc.
- Manage client program budgets and contracts.
- Provide strong career development guidance to direct reports and other junior-level staff.
- Drive positive GMR NY office culture and develop strong relationships across GMR and Omnicom.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the sports, music and entertainment industries.
YOUR EXPERIENCE //
- Bachelor’s Degree and 7-10 years of relevant industry experience.
- Experience in event management and sports marketing is highly desirable (digital + social experience a plus)
- Understanding of the sports landscape (league/team and brand-side experience a plus).
- Proven leader with very high initiative, work ethic and strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to successfully build client relationships and manage multiple client contacts and projects.
- Ability to work with a group of highly motivated individuals, as well as be individually proactive.
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to meet and deal effectively with clients.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; strong presentation abilities to varied audiences.
- Willingness/ability to travel as needed