WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB //
This opportunity is an integral part of the HR Business Partner team. With responsibilities ranging from recruiting coordination, to field employee relations and pre-employment screening this is sure to be a great opportunity for someone who wants to get on a fast track in HR. Reporting to the HR Business Partner this position is also responsible for assisting with the coordination of projects including campus recruiting and various networking events.
WHAT YOU’LL DO //
- Ensure completion of new hire paperwork, including timely completion and retention of employment eligibility forms. Follow up with employees as needed.
- Run and analyze the pre-employment background reports and testing for employees.
- Facilitate and present onboarding requirements to employees.
- Responsible for pre-employment eligibility conversations.
- Manage the unemployment claims and escalate concerns as needed.
- Enter employee data in HRIS system (ADP) and financial system (Costpoint).
- Provide customer support to employees on policies, procedures and HR related questions.
- Manage and process all I-9 completion.
- Scheduling interviews, booking interview rooms, and sending out confirmations to candidates and managers.
- Help coordinate campus trainee program and attend on-campus career fairs.
- Assist with creating, filing and maintaining personnel files.
- Maintain confidentiality of employee information.
- Other HR initiatives as assigned.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR //
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in an HR related field.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent HR experience preferred.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees at all levels.
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to handle and resolve confidential and sensitive issues.
- Knowledge of general Human Resource practices.
- Ability to work independently and manage key tasks of role.
- Maintaining accuracy in detail oriented processes.
- Above average computer skills, including Word, Excel, Access, and experience in HR systems.