WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB //
GMR Marketing is a global experiential and sponsorship agency, connecting brands and their consumers through shared passions.
As Executive Creative Director, you are a visionary creative leader that brings design and copy expertise, inspiration and thought leadership to all design disciplines. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of developing impactful, strategically-focused creative that transforms insights into engaging, effective campaigns that balance the needs of both audience and brand.
We’re looking for a true collaborator with leadership skills that naturally attract others. This person has an eye for top-shelf creative talent and great work, and inspires the best in others. Our candidate is an early adopter with affinity for new technologies, and is up-to-date with innovative creative work across industries.
This person will lead a diverse, geographically distributed creative team comprised of experts representing the full breadth of our varied work, and is excited by the opportunity to help build and grow a cohesive and diverse creative department.
WHAT WE NEED //
• Evaluation and Ideation: Analyze a client’s marketing challenge, craft/author the creative strategy, lead a team of individuals to devise relevant engagement marketing programs, flesh out specific tactics
• Brainstorm initial creative concept direction with BDG and other creative resources.
• Provide written “white paper” outlining direction and tactical solutions for creative resources to use throughout development
• Help frame creative pitch strategy and lead development of presentation materials to support communication initiatives
• Present and sell ideas to clients (internal BDG/CM and external)
• Daily interaction with BPD and Creative Staff
• Leadership: Coach and mentor project teams in terms of concept development and brainstorming
YOUR IMPACT //
• Strategic foundation
• Essential copy points
• Integration into other disciplines and media
• Direction of critical visual support elements
• Build and grow a cohesive and diverse creative department
YOUR EXPERIENCE //
• 10+ years of experience in related field
• Bachelors Degree in marketing, communications, design, etc.
• Proven success and a solid understanding of brand marketing [i.e. brand positioning, marketing mix, brand benefits, brand identity, communication/messaging strategies]
• Trained in strategic marketing or narrative copy writing
• Skilled at using multiple presentation platforms: PowerPoint, Keynote, Adobe platform, etc
• Familiar with use of multi-media tools (HTML, Flash, Java) but does not need to be an expert or craftsperson
• Familiar with digital space: mobile, apps, social media
• Must be articulate, charismatic and a skilled presenter
• Must be a sincere and enthusiastic collaborator