WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB //
GMR Marketing is Comcast’s sports and entertainment agency of record. A client since 2008, GMR currently supports Comcast with a variety of marketing efforts including: Sports Strategy, Gaming/Esports, Sports Creative, NASCAR, Olympics, Entertainment, University Marketing, Experiential Marketing, and Business Services. This position would support Sports Strategy & Gaming/Esports.
Comcast is a global media and technology company with two primary businesses, Comcast Cable and NBCUniversal. A Fortune 50 company in a highly competitive telecommunications industry, Comcast Cable is one of the nation's largest video, high-speed Internet and phone providers to residential customers under the XFINITY brand. GMR manages Xfinity’s portfolio of 80+ partnerships across professional sports (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS), college athletics, and gaming/esports, providing strategic recommendations and valuations for renewals and new partnership opportunities, negotiating terms and parameters for sponsorships, facilitating sponsorship contracts, and executing marketing initiatives.
The primary responsibilities of this position are to support the three GMR Divisional sports leads, the gaming team, and key clients to advance Xfinity’s brand marketing strategy at the regional and national level. This position is based at the GMR headquarters in New Berlin, WI.
WHAT YOU'LL DO //
• Develop a thorough working knowledge of the sports & gaming landscapes; perform regular research (primarily online) and provide analytic reports and summaries
• Maintain team administrative aspects such as tracking documents, meeting invites, agendas, and notes, as well as purchase orders, budgets, and online systems
• Assist in producing quantitative valuations of sponsorship proposals and written POVs
• Assist with managing sponsorship and activation marketing plans and program elements
• Execution and daily management of program planning and activation, which may include experiential, social & digital elements
• Work with internal GMR teams and external vendors to develop budget estimates, achieve project objectives, and ensure timeliness of deliverables to fulfill client requests
• Complete ad hoc projects and other duties as assigned by the account leadership team
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR //
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Sports Management, or related field
• 1-2 years of related experience in sports marketing, sponsorship, esports, or events; team, league or agency experience is a plus
• Interest in sponsorships, gaming, and client services; experience is a plus
• Exceptional time management and organizational skills; ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines; detail-oriented mindset
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with internal stakeholders and groups
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Highly self-motivated and proactive
• Sports business industry knowledge in regards to leagues, teams, sponsors, and fans, both traditional sports and gaming, is a plus
• Computer proficiency, especially with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Ability to travel as needed for limited on-site activations or events (e.g. Gaming, NASCAR, etc)