WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB //
Reporting to the Account Supervisor, the primary responsibilities of this position are supporting the newest Worldwide Olympic Partner, Intel, in managing all aspects of their Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games Workforce Operations Program including planning, management and onsite operations and execution.
GMR Marketing is an industry-leading, innovative and fun-loving experiential marketing agency. We tap into passions – music, sports, entertainment, lifestyle – to connect brands to their audiences.
Our team is made up of strategic thinkers, marketing specialists and experienced Olympic professionals who collaborate to create extraordinary experiences for our clients. We are creative, fast paced, disciplined and forward-looking.
WHAT YOU’LL DO //
Support client’s Olympic Workforce Operations Program requirements. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Communication with key clients and stakeholders
- Working collaboratively with the larger GMR Account Team to ensure a seamless operation for Intel’s on-the-ground workforce (executives, technicians, engineers, PR, marketing, etc.)
- Support across various elements of program from planning to execution, including but not limited to: hotels, venues, tickets, Olympic accreditation, digital (registration website, mobile app, etc.), communications, transportation, uniforms, staffing, equipment, employee engagement, etc.
- Manage vendor relationships, including contracting, payments and oversight of the deliverables and quality of work
- Maintain administrative documents for client reports and presentations, including proposals, recaps, agendas and timelines
- Challenge traditional event logistics with fresh, innovative and creative best practice solutions
- Onsite supervision/coordination of activation elements as needed to ensure successful execution
- Develop/maintain a thorough working knowledge of the Olympic Games and Intel technologies
- Ability to travel. Requires 30+ days of continuous travel during the Olympic Games. Other shorter trips may also be required.
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT WE’ RE LOOKING FOR //
- Bachelor’s Degree required; additional education in Business, Sports Management, Marketing, Tourism or Hospitality Management a plus
- 3+ years of experience in event or logistics management at an agency, brand or logistics vendor
- Previous Olympic experience is preferred
- Experience with event/project management is mandatory
- Must be a critical and creative thinker who challenges the norm
- Meticulous attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills – remains calm under pressure
- Composed and professional: contact with clients and stakeholders via face-to-face communication/presentations, email and phone
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Ability to work both at high quality and at a fast pace
- Strong work ethic – collaborative team player who is proactive and driven, works well on a team or independently
- Passionate and motivated with a positive attitude – solutions oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience vetting and hiring vendors and staff
- Experience managing budgets preferred
- Japanese language skills a plus (but not required)