WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB //
Reporting to the Client Finance Manager or the Client Finance Supervisor, the Project Coordinator Intern will assist the Client Finance Project Analysts and Sr. Client Finance Project Analysts in providing accurate and timely building of the foundation of the project and maintaining it based on the subsequent assigned duties.
WHAT YOU’LL DO //
- Project setup per the project guidelines and Project Accounting Checklist
- Upload budgets by operational team position into accounting system
- Review and tie out the various budget entries (operational team budget, total budget) to the total amount of the agreement
- Enter the reallocation of project operational team hours for staff changes
- Enter the reallocation of expenses based on changes made to original budget or knowledge that is gained to changes being made.
- Schedule client reports to auto-generate as needed
- Review system-generated project exception report and resolve exceptions
- Send invoices to client and/or enter in client portal
- Perform project related purchase order requisition coding and approval in the accounting system.
- Close billable codes on active budgets as directed
- Weekly update of project status for lost or dead projects
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR //
- Base working knowledge of accounting concepts and procedures helpful.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate (written and oral) and collaborate effectively.
- Ability to key data accurately and with a reasonable speed.
- Ability to provide creative solutions to increase process efficiencies.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Solid organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines and work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience using Deltek Costpoint a plus.
- High school graduate with a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in general accounting (A/P, A/R, etc.) or billing.