WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB //
GMR is an innovative global sponsorship and experiential leader, connecting brands and their consumers through shared passions. We change how people think, feel and behave through the power of experience.
Are you a strategic problem-solver? Do you love working with different clients to develop unique sponsorship-related experiential programs to drive business objectives? GMR is searching for someone to who can build strategic, thought-provoking, and innovative sponsorship and experiential marketing plans based on the business objectives of our clients. Sponsorships span global and domestic properties including: Olympics, FIFA, NFL, Leagues & Teams, Music, Food & Wine, etc.
Our people are the building blocks of our business and our culture which manifest in our values. We pride ourselves on having integrity and passion, while being innovative, as well as successfully collaborating with clients and taking ownership.
WHO YOU ARE //
- You are a leader. You are comfortable in a position where others look to you for leadership and mentorship. You effectively build a positive culture within a workspace. You can be a strategic point of contact for GMR and our clients on all aspects of GMR work and deliverables.
- You think with constant innovation. You’ll work with clients to understand their business needs and create marketing programs to suit their needs. You’ll develop, maintain and grow client relationships to increase organic business opportunities.
- You love thinking strategically. You’ll work alongside GMR senior leaders to establish strategic program goals and deliverables across all client sponsorship and major event platforms. You are comfortable working “in the grey” and can use research, data, and analytics to answer complex questions.
- You’re a problem-solver. You’ll work with internal departments to ensure on-time and accurate delivery of client program needs. You can oversee programs across all platforms and lines of business.
WHAT WE NEED //
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or Sport Management.
- MBA or equivalent work experience required; Consultancy experience a plus.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in marketing strategy, marketing management, and/or sponsorship marketing. Agency experience a plus.
- Proven leadership and decision-making skills. Ability to lead a team of people and recruit, inspire, mentor, and grow talent to produce the best possible work for clients. Personality traits for success include integrity, honesty, transparency and a team-first leader.
- Experiential marketing experience and knowledge of the industry and landscape. Knowledge and a skillset in innovative marketing practices while understanding the marketing mix outside of just pure experiential marketing.
- Mastery of executive-level presentation development and storytelling. Ability to drive ideation and strategic development from start to finish while relentlessly fostering collaboration across cross-functional teams.
- Ability to manage constant change, develop high performance teams and strong client partnerships.
- Ability to travel approximately 25% of the calendar year