WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB //
The Fleet DOT Specialist reports to the Fleet Manager. Responsibilities include training of new/returning drivers, coordinating driver information with JJ Keller, maintaining Fleet driver database, following up on driver violations, management of Geotab ELD database, permitting, and account renewals. Coordinating and exchanging information between Client Consulting + Services Teams and vendors along with other duties when necessary.
YOUR IMPACT //
- Conduct new driver and refresher DOT training in conjunction with Fleet Manager
- Coordinate driver road testing with third party vendor. Perform road test for all new drivers.
- Review JJ Keller system to be sure all required driver paperwork has been submitted and completed
- Gather driver qualification paperwork from Staffing, review for completeness, establish driver file and update files when necessary.
- Enter driver’s data into Keller software and maintain database
- Track driver new hires and terminations, update JJ Keller system on status changes
- Review DOT rental vehicles and check driver files for compliance
- Check in all vehicles received for proper paperwork, permits and DOT required items. Perform pre and post trip inspections on all vehicles.
- On a quarterly basis check the US DOT “Safer System” website for violations
- Compose all driver violation notices and distribute to Driver, Account Supervisor, Fleet Manager and HR Department (for driver’s file) on a bi-weekly basis
- Follow up on all driver violations to ensure they have been reported and corrected. If not, notify Fleet Manager.
- Manage ELD tracking, training, and install. Manage ELD database as well as logbooks for exemptions.
- Maintain random drug test list of active drivers and submit monthly to Concorde. Manage random drug testing process.
- Process driver trip reports monthly, print fuel tax report and create PO to pay quarterly
- Order/Renew transportation permits
- Apply for title/registration and/or license plate renewals for all vehicles required. Trips to DMV to process paperwork, when necessary.
- Manage DOT material inventory (including log books, trip reports, etc). Order additional items, when necessary.
- Assist other members of the fleet department, as needed
- Maintain roster for active drivers and notify JJ Keller when driver status changes (active/non-active, program numbers).
- Monthly, ship all trip reports to the appropriate vendors for recording.
- File paperwork as necessary.
- Assist with movement of vehicles to storage and vendor locations.
- Assemble accident kits
- File and manage all GMR vehicle keys
- Renew all DOT required accounts (IFTA, UCR, MSC-150, CVOR, HUT)
- Apply and remove GMR decals upon delivery and return from programs, when necessary.
- File carbon footprint quarterly
YOUR EXPERIENCE //
A minimum of two years of experience in a related position.
CDL (Class A) license preferred
Some knowledge of accounting procedures
- Above average organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- PC experience in Windows 2010 or XP environment, with proficiency utilizing spreadsheet, word processing and database software programs
- Ability to set up and type accurately and with a reasonable speed, a variety of reports and spreadsheets
- Problem solving in a calm professional manner
- Ability to work well with others
- CDL examiner qualified preferred
- Knowledge of DOT regulations preferred