WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB //
As a Research Manager you’ll have the opportunity to work with GMR Client Consulting & Services, Strategy and Business Development in a thought leadership and senior consulting role, bringing innovative research program designs to the agency that maximize ROI for experiential clients. You’re someone who can provide these services across our global agency footprint.
You’re someone who can analyze and present research to planners and/or other internal stakeholders such as: Creatives and Client Service & Consulting while interpreting data to uncover insights, patterns, white space, etc. Someone who will ensure all deliverables required from the group, internally and externally, and can identify opportunities to constantly improve the quality of thinking applied to client business.
YOUR IMPACT //
This role will have the opportunity to develop short & long-term strategic decision-making grounded in consumer and customer understanding. In this role, the Research Manager provides strategic thought leadership through actionable insights/recommendations about customer and consumer needs, attitudes, behaviors, and emotional connections to brands that drive purchasing behavior. He/she is responsible for helping the organization focus on the most value-driven initiatives and insights, based on analysis of consumer/market trends and innovation in the experiential marketing space.
- Passionately seize a role of influence within the Strategy & Research team and seek to drive more efficient and effective decision making through his/her work and a genuine curiosity towards the customer/consumer
- Partner in identifying, developing and championing business objectives and strategies by providing guidance to business teams in identifying key business issues and opportunities grounded in consumer and customer understanding
- Effectively conduct small and large research initiatives that include identification of business objectives, selection of appropriate methodology (qualitative/quantitative), design of surveys, interviews, or other data collection instruments
- Present executive learning and insights as a basis for strategic decision making
- Demonstrate superior creative thinking and significant judgement to lead cross-functional teams toward decisions with measurable/actionable impact
- Innovate with new methodologies, processes and tools to continually improve the research team’s approaches
- Mentor a team of analysts to grow and influence others at all levels and across many internal stakeholders
YOUR EXPERIENCE //
- Experienced in unlocking consumer and marketplace insight and trends, innovation and strong business performance.
- Strong knowledge of consumer products categories, brands and environment
- Strong analytic and critical thinking skills
- Expertise across different quantitative and qualitative research methodologies, including study design, questionnaire/discussion guide development, conducting qualitative and quantitative research, advanced statistical analysis and creating executive level summary of findings
- Ability to translate consumer understanding to insight
- Capable of managing project schedules and deadlines that run simultaneously
- Strong skills in supplier/vendor management and budget management
- Demonstrated success in influencing cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- Exceptional written, oral, and presentation communication abilities
- Experience with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Business, Social Sciences or related field, MBA or MA preferred
- 8-10 years of supplier side market research experience (preferred), in increasingly responsible roles
In-depth knowledge of SPSS, Survey Programming software (QuestionPro, Qualtrix, Key, etc.) and Tabbing software (Wincross or Unicomm Desktop Reporter)