WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB //
The Account Supervisor, Global Event Operations will serve as a discipline expert in operational areas for major international events, in particular the Olympics and FIFA World Cup. The disciplines will include but not limited to accommodation, transportation, staffing, ticketing and accreditation. This person will support multiple clients and Client Consulting + Service teams, providing strategic operational guidance and consultation to ensure program operational success as well as collaboration with Opportunity Owners during the RFP/pitch process. This role requires interaction with, and strategic thought leadership for clients and Client Consulting + Services teams to support and maintain long-term strategic marketing partnerships with clients and event properties.
YOUR IMPACT //
- Work directly and collaboratively with GMR in-market Centers of Operations leads and staff for major international events at the direction of the VP, Global Event Operations.
- Provide guidance and recommendations to in-market Operations leads and staff on operational planning and execution in areas of accommodation, transportation, staffing, ticketing, accreditation, and procurement.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge and understanding of the operational landscape around all defined major international events, including relationships with relevant properties, organizing committees or their representatives.
- Support the VP, Global Event Operations in creating the organizational and operational infrastructure to support major international events and deliver successful results
- Provide input to the development of the operational plans and appropriate budgets
- Provide strategic operational consulting support to Client Consulting + Services teams, clients and client executives, as assigned, including recommended resources and budget estimates.
- Utilize creative and strategic vision to leverage all resources and maximize efficiencies.
- In collaboration with Client Consulting + Services, ensure contractual rights and assets are implemented within legal parameters.
- Mediate and negotiate with client partners, properties, events and vendors to develop strong partnerships for mutual growth and profit.
- Provide VP, Global Event Operations with decision-making support through on-going participation in client and special project meetings as assigned.
- Identify areas to streamline processes and share knowledge within the company to improve bottom-line results.
- Support Account Teams with any operational issues, working with internal teams (ie, finance, procurement, legal etc) to develop and adapt internal processes that serve the needs of the client teams for Global Events.
- Maintain contract trackers, operational timelines and the development of Operational Manuals in advance of each event.
- Oversee the central resource file in collaboration with the Knowledge Management team for all Global Event documentation and local market knowledge, creating shareable documents and templates for future use.
- Support global event and non-global event related RFPs/opportunities and the pitch process with overall project and timeline management in collaboration with Opportunity Owner(s) and Knowledge Management team.
- Lead Operational calls for Super Bowl and act as the central point of contact and resource center of excellence.
YOUR EXPERIENCE //
- Minimum 5 years of agency, major property or major brand experience, preferably in sports/entertainment marketing or event management
- Global event management experience
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills including the ability to successfully interface with senior executives within GMR and from client teams
- Proven decision-making skills
- Ability to work and succeed in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Proven ability to transition from strategy to tactics and from program development to execution
- Ability to solicit a range of input, distill information and make solid decisions quickly and to communicate those decisions to the appropriate audience
- Ability to travel to host markets of major international events, including extended stays (2 weeks or more) during event execution, as requested
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA desirable, or equivalent work experience
- Exceptionally strong international events experience