WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB //
GMR Marketing is seeking a Creative Director who will report to the Executive Creative Director and CCO to lead several pieces of business. The Creative Director is responsible for inspiring and leading world class, innovative creative work from concept to delivery. This includes overseeing and contributing to concept strategy and development, design and implementation of integrated concepts that both support and amplify the provided brief and strategy. This critical leadership role will be responsible for establishing the creative direction, style and methodology for assigned creative projects.
Additionally, the Creative Director will manage, evaluate, coach/mentor creative individuals on their team. This role offers the ability to oversee work that spans a variety of marketing/advertising disciplines which includes experiential, traditional above the line, events, tours, social ideation and digital technology.
This position may be located in the New Berlin, WI or San Francisco, CA offices.
WHO YOU ARE //
- Someone that will seek innovative and efficient methods of brainstorming and inspiring creative teams.
- A solid understanding of social platforms and digital technology.
- You are a collaborator: It is critically important that this person knows how to work well with others at all times including under time-pressures and stress. Must have high self-awareness to know when to lead and when to follow. Must have exceptional listening skills and be able to properly assess the needs of the assignments and the client.
- Creative Problem Solver that challenges the status quo. Conceiving the expected solutions is a given for this job, and to succeed in this position the candidate must conceive of innovative creative solutions that are not as obvious but are on strategy and simply ingenious.
- Translate client briefs and objectives to creative briefs that inspire the creative team.
- Someone that will develop, coach and mentor creative talent.
- Manage and mentor a team of discipline leads, ensuring effectiveness of team output and adherence to project demands.
- Lead internal review sessions and provide clear and objective critiques of creative work and how it delivers on the brief.
- Adapt a “one team” mentality and partner with leadership to establish and champion clear strategic vision and purpose for the team and support integration.
- Coordinate regular team meetings to share best practices, align on process and build camaraderie within the team.
- Motivate the creative team by demonstrating passion for the business and give other creatives a reason to believe anything is possible.
- Develop self and support the development of other creatives.
- Make bold decisions/recommendations.
WHAT WE NEED //
- 5+ years of experience as a Creative Director
- 10+ years of agency experience working on large brands, preferably with tech products or sports
- Bachelor’s degree required (Related Experience – 8+ years of relevant experience)
- The mind of a storyteller and the eyes of an Art Director.
- A thorough understanding of what makes for compelling work, regardless of medium, and an ability to generate innovative ideas that create buzz and get results.