WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB //
The Sr. HR Specialist is an employee relations expert who provides consulting and guidance to GMR management and employees. This position has a heavy emphasis on employee relations, inclusive of corrective action, legal guidance and compliance. The Sr. HR Specialist will think strategically and navigate through escalated field employee relations situations to create and implement sound solutions for all parties involved.
About the Team:
HR’s goal is to attract, develop and advise global talent through talent acquisition, professional growth, and partnership at all levels. This extends through all aspects of the employee experience that make GMR a Best Place to Work.
WHO YOU ARE //
- You are a valued partner.
- Meet with Client Teams on a monthly basis to allow for a proactive approach on services and opportunities for each team
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with your assigned client teams to anticipate their needs and support them from an HR perspective
- You are collaborative.
- Keep open lines of communication between Field Managers and the GMR Staffing Team in order to allow all teams to work together simultaneously
- Update Recruiter and Recruiting Supervisor on situations that could affect overall staffing numbers by market
- You are compliant.
- Deliver corrective action notices in partnership with employee’s direct supervisor
- Maintain accurate and precise employee records
- Suspend and/or terminate employee(s) from program that are not meeting minimum expectations
- Maintain professionalism and always provide solutions and guidance that are within legal compliance with customer service top priority
- You are a resource.
- Resolve any complaints or concerns from employees
- Develop and present training to field staff of all levels in conjunction with client teams and/or client
- Conduct exit interviews and oversee employee performance feedback process
- Be the employment expert and guide client teams to the appropriate employment decisions and practices taking into consideration FLSA, employment guidelines, employee relationships and overall what is best for each client team
- You are strategic
- Review various forms of data as it pertains to employee engagement and utilize to develop plan of action(s)
- Maintain employment tracker in order to spot issues and areas of improvement
- Complete projects as assigned by the HR Business Partner in a timely manner on or before set deadlines
WHAT WE NEED //
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field
- 3+ years of experience in an HR/Employee Relations focused position
- Excellent customer service and communication skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees at all levels
- Ability to handle and resolve confidential and sensitive issues
- Knowledge of general Human Resource practices
- Ability to work independently and manage key tasks of role
- Maintaining accuracy in detail oriented processes
- Above average computer skills, including Word, Excel, and experience in HR systems
- Flexibility in day to day responsibilities with the ability to quickly change focus and direction.