WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB //
Do you love sports and entertainment? Are you a technology guru? Are you constantly looking at and learning about new technology trends? Are you inspired to make connections and grow business? If yes, then come join our GMR family! We are looking for a Rockstar who can provide senior level client consulting and support to technology-specific clients, and help drive business opportunities with existing and new clients, in the GMR San Francisco office. Our focus is on helping our clients connect on an emotional level with people around their areas of passion. In doing so, many of our clients will pilot and employ existing and emerging technologies and products. We are growing rapidly and looking for all-star-caliber players to help grow our team. This role reports directly into the SVP of Client Consulting + Services.
YOUR IMPACT //
- Thorough knowledge of the sports, music, and entertainment industry.
- Thorough understanding of emerging technologies and associated trends, especially within Silicon Valley
- Work directly with clients and client teams to understand key business drivers, challenges and future growth opportunities. Develop succinct innovation briefs that clearly outline business challenges and goals.
- Work with our Research Team to conduct primary research into the emerging technologies and practices that are driving new consumer behaviors, marketing practices and commerce models.
- Develop comprehensive overviews of the technology landscape to understand the state of the art and to design forward-looking technology strategies.
- Overall business development strategy development for the SF/Bay Area market.
- Find and develop new business opportunities in the SF/Bay Area market, with a specialty towards technology brands in the Valley.
- Direct brand pitches to senior marketing and advertising executives.
- Develop trust and deepen client relationships.
- Drive results in a fast paced, resource-conscious environment with a creative style and a strong visio
- Build and support business opportunities and strategies for technology companies from start-ups to later stage/pre-IPO.
- Develop and implement strategies and initiatives to enhance GMR’s innovation culture.
- Know, understand, and adhere to GMR company policies and procedures.
- Travel as needed.
- Monitor and manage program budgets
YOUR EXPERIENCE //
- Bachelor’s Degree or related or equivalent experience, Masters Degree a plus.
- 7-10 years of related experience, with specific experience in business or technology strategy and innovation.
- Strong knowledge of today’s B2B and B2C product innovation & technology ecosystem and the consumer behaviors and trends that it drives.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion to work within a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. Must be comfortable with ambiguity.
- Proven success and track record in developing – and closing – new business opportunities.
- Bias towards action and ownership with strong commitments to accuracy and speed in equal measure.
- Ability to function effectively on your own and raise everyone’s game in team settings.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Capacity to engage and inspire, demonstrated in excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of research, presentation and collaboration tools required