WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB //
This position works with the General Counsel of an in-house legal department and the client service team of a national marketing agency located in Milwaukee. This position reports to the General Counsel but is integrated with and dedicated to a client service team of the agency that works with a large national client. The position supports the client service team by working with the General Counsel and outside legal counsel to coordinate and manage legal research conducted by the agency on federal, state and local laws applicable to promotions conducted by the agency for the client’s brands.
WHAT YOU’LL DO //
- Organize, coordinate and manage legal research conducted by outside counsel with the General Counsel and outside counsel.
- Understand the operations of all promotional programs conducted for the client.
- Ability to interpret and apply legal research results to existing and proposed client promotions.
- Communicate legal guidelines and requirements to the client services team to ensure programs are executed in accordance with applicable legal restrictions and guidelines.
- Function as a legal research “expert” for the client services team and serve as a key advisor to the client services team regarding compliance of promotional programs with state and local laws based on legal research results.
- Advise client team on what state or local permits, licenses and reporting requirements are applicable for various promotional programs.
- Maintain a research and compliance data base to provide on-going compliance advice and guidance to client service team.
WHAT WE NEED //
- Experience with legal research or similar experience applying guidelines in a compliance environment necessary and contract drafting experience a plus. Prior experience working with state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances preferred.
- The position does not require a specific legal background but the preferred candidate will have a Bachelors degree in paralegal studies, a paralegal certification or a four-year degree with the appropriate legal experience.
- Past experience in a position demonstrating initiative, leadership, organization, teamwork and a familiarity with contracting and the ability to apply legal research will be considered in addition to educational background.
- Good legal research skills and ability to understand and interpret state and local statutes, regulation and legal research results and apply findings to the client service team’s promotional programs.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work as part of the team with all members of the client services team.
- Excellent time-management, organizational, and management skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills, ability to perform independently and comfortable taking initiative.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.