WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB //
GMR is an innovative global sponsorship and experiential leader, connecting brands and their consumers through shared passions. We change how people think, feel and behave through the power of experience.
Our people are the building blocks of our business and our culture which manifest in our values. We pride ourselves on having integrity and passion, while being innovative, as well as successfully collaborating with clients and taking ownership.
Based at GMR headquarters in Milwaukee, this position will lead a dynamic team and portfolio of work that engages consumers within the sports, entertainment and lifestyle spaces on behalf of multiple clients. The VP of Client Consulting + Services will provide leadership from strategic planning through execution and ensure consistent delivery of results to top client executives.
WHAT YOU’LL DO //
- You will manage and supervise key account teams:
- Provide clear vision and direction for continual staff growth and development
- Develop staff through day-to-day and on-the-spot coaching
- Motivate team by building commitment and trust
- Develop, maintain and grow client relationships
- Provide senior level strategic consulting support to client executives
- Create yearly business plans, develop and manage annual programs and related budgets and contracts
- Work with client management team and internal support resources to develop programs addressing client’s needs and objectives. Ensure quality delivery/execution of all programs
- Conduct and participate in internal and external brainstorming sessions to continuously develop new ideas for client projects and programs
- Mediate and negotiate with client partners, properties, events, and vendors to develop strong partnerships for mutual growth and profit
- Develop new business from existing and prospective clients through coordinated sales efforts and new business presentations
- Provide senior management with decision-making support through on-going participation in management and special project meetings
- Actively participate in the details of program management when needed
- Identify areas to streamline processes and share knowledge within the company to improve bottom-line
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR //
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Communications, with a minimum of 10 years in sales and marketing management, MBA desirable, or equivalent work experience
- Business experience with a Fortune 500 organization and entrepreneurial agency environments preferred
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
- Proven leadership and decision-making skills
- Comprehensive understanding of contemporary marketing approaches, including; sponsorship marketing, experiential marketing, digital and social media marketing, content development, etc.
- Experience in marketing communications (writing briefs, managing the creative development process, reviewing creative, etc.)
- Experience in strategic planning and implementation
- Proven ability to promote a team-building environment, team management and organizational development
- Corporate marketing and/or marketing agency background is essential
- Knowledge of field and headquarters dynamics
- Ability to manage constant change, develop high performance teams and strong client partnerships
- Ability to travel approximately 20% of the calendar year