WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB //
You will provide full support, including routine and specialized administrative services, for the Chief Financial Officer (CFO). Provide various other administrative support as time allows, for other Accounting Management and Staff.
YOUR IMPACT //
- Provide executive-level administrative and clerical support for CFO and other managers
- Maintain daily schedule and weekly timelines for CFO
- Arrange travel schedule and prepare expense reports for CFO and other managers as necessary
- Schedule meetings, coordinate calendars, reserve conference rooms and set up conference calls for CFO and other managers as well as sort CFO’s daily mail
- Responsible for ensuring all the Accounting Dept. documents located on GMR’s intranet are updated
- Assist with making updates to GMR’s policies including but not limited to Travel Policy, Communication Device Policy, Business Supplier Profile, and Standard Operating Procedures-Purchasing
- Help facilitate and prepare company training material related to accounting topics (POs, timesheets, etc.)
- Prepare memos, letters, forms, meeting recaps and PowerPoint presentations for CFO and other managers
- Answer phone calls directed to CFO and assist or redirect callers in their absence or when instructed
- Obtain requests for budget, PO, and contract reviews as well as other special requests. Review for completeness or redirect requests when applicable prior to giving to CFO
- Upload signed documents into Alfresco and continue or complete routing process
- Organize and maintain electronic and paper files and documents
- Identify ways to automate and improve processes, removing inefficiencies and non-value added steps
- Assist with accounting functions including but not limited to setting up new vendors, processing remote deposits, maintaining check stock, setting up bank accounts, etc.
- Issue POs as requested by CFO and other managers
- Periodically help with audits and Sarbanes-Oxley testing
- Run miscellaneous errands for Accounting Department and CFO as necessary
- Provide backup coverage for individuals in the Accounting Department and other functions as needed
- Perform other duties and provide assistance on various projects as assigned by executive or other managerial staff
YOUR EXPERIENCE //
- Excellent computer skills; demonstrated proficiency with many software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Deltek Costpoint or Microsoft Dynamics AX a plus.
- Strong composition skills. Ability to set up and type accurately and with a reasonable speed, a variety of correspondence, reports and other materials (using both full keyboard and 10-key).
- Extremely high level of confidentiality is required.
- Ability to perform a variety of administrative assignments requiring considerable exercise of independent judgment.
- Thorough knowledge of office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize, meet tight deadlines and work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from individuals at all levels.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and professional demeanor.
- High School diploma.
- Two or three years’ experience performing at an executive level in a related position.
- Associates degree preferred, but not required.