The selected candidate will be responsible for managing a team and all aspects of business operations with a focus on sports sponsorship activation, C-Level event planning, sponsorship activations, hospitality programming and facilitating strategic B2B partnerships. The role entails leading client communication, strategy development, internal/external agency and third-party management, cross-functional program management, creative process management, team leadership and oversight of budgets.
This role will report to the Vice President of Client Management at GMR headquarters in San Francisco.
GMR partners with Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) in support of its marketing efforts across Sports Marketing and Partnership Activations. This position is a key leadership role on the HPE (B2B) team working cross-functionally across departments internally and externally on marketing program strategy, development, execution, evaluation and management.
YOUR IMPACT //
- Lead all client communications while building and maintaining ongoing positive relationships with HPE Global Sponsorships & Alliances Team and their internal stakeholders/ partners
- Effectively manage Client Scope of Services including personnel and budgets overseeing 20+ events on an annual basis including C-Level event activations, partner events, sports sponsorships and industry events
- Oversee the GMR team’s responsibilities pertaining to business development and driving B2B conversations within the sports partnerships eco-systems
- Work collaboratively with day-to-day GMR internal teams, partner agencies and respective client teams providing strategic leadership and ensuring delivery of marketing materials as outlined in the approved scope
- Provide strategic marketing solutions in line with clients’ needs and implement forward thinking to drive results for HPE
- Partner with senior account leadership to ensure program coordination and strategic alignment across business units pertaining to HPE initiatives
- Lead and develop client account team (4 staff; AE’s and AS level staff, based in San Francisco) , staffing schedules, timelines and planners
- Become subject matter expert on HPE business insights, expertise and industry knowledge
- Provide analysis of competitive activity in the marketing and partnership space
- Develop insights and thought leadership documents / presentations on relevant topics as needed
- Lead global VIP Hospitality Programs and oversee team of event program leads
GLOBAL HOSPITALITY //
- Oversee multiple C-Level VIP global customer hospitality programs per year.
- Implement a structured and consistent execution process of all programs.
- HPE Customer Engagement program development
- Research & define customer engagement program recommendations
- Liaison between client property managers, other client agencies, GMR offices, Quickstrike
- Develop internal & external communications material
- Oversee on-site management, supervision, and coordination.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring and training field staff
- Debrief and prepare to incorporate new business into account team.
- Monitor program progress and recommend adjustments as necessary.
- Prepare client contracts.
YOUR EXPERIENCE //
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of eight (10) years of experience in related field
- Strong knowledge of Experiential Marketing Strategy – B2B experience required
- Ability to manage high-level client relationships
- Experience managing a team of direct reports
- Proven strategic leader with very high initiative and work ethic
- Experience leading global VIP hospitality programs for Fortune 100 company
- General working knowledge and passion for strategic partnerships (technology, C-Level events)
- Strong organization, prioritization and time management skills
- Adaptability to manage multiple projects, vendors, agencies both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work with a group of highly motivated individuals as well as perform independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills to varied audiences
- Command of Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, & Word
- General knowledge of salesforce and marketing automation systems preferred
- Ability to travel (approx. 25%) for client meetings, presentations, event execution, etc.