WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB //
The VP of Staffing leads a large team to effectively plan and deliver strategic staffing acquisition solutions that drive results and grow the business. The VP looks beyond the present to create a vision for the department, drives process improvement and change within the business, and develops future leaders on the team. As a key leader within the agency, the VP is responsible for leading a successful business and performing as a model people leader.
YOUR IMPACT //
Lead Staffing Function:
• Develop and manage programs that support the filling of immediate needs and build a pipeline for future needs.
• Develop and implement a Talent Acquisition strategy and supporting programs that focus on both quality of hire (i.e., culture fit, retention, etc.) and speed of hire.
• Create and continuously improve a recruiting process that creates an exceptional candidate experience.
• Partner with business leaders to develop and execute an agile workforce plan that anticipates and accounts for business needs, identifies skill gaps, assesses talent capability, and addresses critical needs.
• Act as a collaborative advisor to our Account Teams by providing functional expertise, market-related intelligence, and forecasting on employment issues and trends.
• Ensure acceptable margins across the business; develop and execute a vision to grow the business.
• Develop and maintain staffing industry knowledge and expertise to help guide the agencies’ forward-looking strategy for the staffing business.
• Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders within the agency responsible for both organic and new business growth.
• Seek out ways in which the staffing offering and team can innovate to improve, enhance and grow the service and, ultimately, the business. This includes new pricing and business strategies.
Lead the Team:
• Create a team environment that models our Agency Values and strives for continuous improvement through fresh perspectives and breakthrough ideas.
• Takes responsibility for the team; embraces failure and seeks to learn; chases opportunities to get improved results; and creates an environment in which it is safe to fail.
• Promote and foster a spirit of collaboration amongst the Staffing team and all relevant groups within the agency.
• Coach, mentor and guide the Staffing team with emphasis on the supervisory team leading the various functions of the group.
• Establish and refine the framework for which all Staffing employees are managed and ensure relevant programs/initiatives are in place to support that framework.
• Develop and communicate a vision for the team organizational structure, roles and responsibilities including metrics and a business case to support that structure.
Ensure Staffing Compliance:
• Model and lead collaboration between staffing team and the corporate HR team.
• Oversee field staff on-boarding to ensure full compliance with policy and procedures, relevant labor requirements, as well as client/program requirements.
• Collaborate with the corporate HR team to ensure consistency and efficiency across both Staffing and corporate on-boarding, including utilization of systems, tools and resources.
• Drive systems improvements to increase efficiency, accuracy and data integrity. This includes being an active leader in the implementation of a field management system which sets the industry standard.
• Build relevant metrics to direct the department and provide measurements and reporting to the leadership team and key stakeholders as needed.
Your success will be measured based on:
• Creating policy and procedural efficiencies
• Expanding the department’s reach and offering resulting is increased revenue, exposure, events and employees
• Successfully collaborating with the department, cross-functionally within the organization and globally with clients
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR //
• 10+ years’ experience in talent acquisition and staffing
• 5+ years’ experience leading people and growing a business
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field is preferred
• Ability to effectively lead and motivate a team
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint along with a variety of software programs
• Adhere to and analyze profit/gross margin and recruiting costs
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to maintain a positive and professional attitude
• Ability to solve problems in an effective and timely fashion
Desired Experience and Traits:
• International Experience
ADDITIONAL DETAILS //
• Requires up to 10% travel for domestic and international
• Compensation + Benefits: Comprehensive and complete
• Relocation package may be considered