Working in collaboration with a broader account team supporting one of our large Worldwide Olympic sponsor clients, the Account Executive will support the planning and execution of various aspects of our client’s Tokyo 2020 B2B Olympic Customer Experience Hospitality Program, Workforce Operations Program, as well as other areas of their sponsorship activation. This may include logistics planning (transportation, F&B, tickets, hotels, site inspection planning, etc.), merchandise strategy, ordering, managements and deployment, digital registration system project management and oversight, etc.
Experience in creating and executing innovative and technology-forward event solutions, VIP event management, activation, and operations is a must. Olympic experience and/or experience with large scale event activations is a plus.
- Manage portions of our Olympic sponsor client’s global hospitality programs, including program planning, operations, and execution
- Manage specific elements of programs such as tickets, food and beverage, creative, digital, transportation, amenities, uniforms, etc.
- Manage vendor relationships, including contracts, payments, and oversight of the deliverable and quality of work
- Create and maintain administrative documents for client reports and presentation including proposals, point of view, recaps, reporting, agendas, and timelines
- Track status and budget on various program elements in a clear, concise, and detailed manner – taking accountability for assigned deliverables to meet/exceed client needs, while remaining on or under target budget
- Challenge traditional hospitality programming with fresh, innovative, and creative best practice solutions
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Additional education in Business, Sport Management, Marketing, Tourism or Hospitality Management a plus
- 3-5 years’ experience at an agency, in events, and/or sponsorship management required at an agency, brand or property
- Must be exceptionally detail oriented with excellent time-management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work at both a high quality and a fast pace
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, proactive, team player with a strong work ethic
- Passionate, motivated, with a positive attitude
- Professional and solutions oriented: regular contact with clients and support teams via face-to-face communication, email and phone
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Creative and imaginative thinker with a proven history managing events
- Ability to travel for business on an unpredictable schedule which could include trips of more than 5 days in duration and weekends
- Japanese language skills a plus