WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB //
Reporting to the Senior Account Director, the primary responsibilities of this position are supporting the newest Worldwide Olympic Partner, Intel, in managing all aspects of their Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games Workforce Operations Program including planning, management and onsite operations and execution.
Olympic experience and/or large-scale event/logistics management experience is required.
GMR Marketing is an industry-leading, innovative and fun-loving experiential marketing agency. We tap into passions – music, sports, entertainment, lifestyle – to connect brands to their audiences.
Our team is made up of strategic thinkers, marketing specialists and experienced Olympic professionals who collaborate to create extraordinary experiences for our clients. We are creative, fast paced, disciplined and forward-looking.
WHAT YOU’LL DO //
Manage client’s Olympic Workforce Operations Program requirements. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as day-to-day contact for key clients and stakeholders
- Provide ongoing consultation and expertise for logistics planning, Olympic landscape navigation, as well as other areas as required
- Working collaboratively with the larger GMR Account Team to ensure a seamless operation
- Manage various elements of programs including hotels, venues, tickets, food and beverage, Olympic accreditation, digital, communications, transportation, uniforms, staffing, equipment, etc.
- Manage vendor relationships, including contracting, payments and oversight of the deliverables and quality of work
- Manage team of junior staff including coaching and career development, logistics execution and developing key competencies
- Support in development of program budgets and diligently manage those budgets to achieve client needs and remain on targeted budget
- Create and maintain administrative documents for client reports and presentations, including proposals, POVs, recaps, agendas and timelines
- Challenge traditional event logistics with fresh, innovative and creative best practice solutions
- Onsite supervision/coordination of activation elements as needed to ensure successful execution
- Develop/maintain a thorough working knowledge of the Olympic Games
- Ability to travel. Requires 20+ days of continuous travel during the Olympic Games, and multiple site inspections in the lead up/planning phase
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR //
Bachelor’s Degree required; additional education in Business, Sports Management, Marketing, Tourism or Hospitality Management a plus
- 5 – 7 years of experience in event or logistics management at an agency, brand or logistics vendor
- Previous Olympic experience is required
- Experience with large scale event management is mandatory
- Must be a critical and creative thinker who challenges the norm
- Meticulous attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills – remains calm under pressure
- Composed and professional: daily contact with clients and stakeholders via face-to-face communication/presentations, email and phone
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Ability to work both at high quality and at a fast pace
- Strong work ethic – collaborative team player who is proactive and driven, works well on a team or independently
- Passionate and motivated with a positive attitude – solutions oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience vetting and hiring vendors and staff
- Experience managing budgets over $500,000 is preferred
- Japanese language skills a plus (but not required)