Founded in 1979, GMR is an innovative global sponsorship and experiential leader, connecting brands and their consumers through shared passions. We change how people think, feel and behave through the power of experience. Experiences founded on data, rooted in insight, grounded in strategy, designed meticulously and executed flawlessly. Our passionate global team of over 850 people creates, consults and activates in more than 70 countries, covering every continent from 19 offices in 10 countries. We’re headquartered in the United States and are part of Omnicom Group Inc.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Finance Business Partner will be responsible for partnering with assigned client consulting + services and support teams in all areas of finance. The individual will collaborate with the teams in the areas of project budgeting, project profitability, and maximization of utilization and revenue realization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• You are a valued partner. You will manage internal and client relationships, while demonstrating absolute professionalism in the face of ever-changing situations, with the VP/SVP level.
• You are strategic. You will recommend and assist in implementing reporting enhancements which will give business leadership information necessary to effectively manage the business. You will analyze and provide recommendations on key business metric targets, such as utilization, realization, and salary vs revenue.
• You are innovative. You bring new ideas to the table and are willing to adapt to change. You will identify projects which appear to be encountering scope creep in order to engage with leaders on how to mitigate.
• You are analytical. You will review financial reporting with management teams to assist teams in meeting profitability and revenue targets, as well as, key metrics important to the efficient and effective management of the business. You will perform monthly review of clients’ non-billable expenses and unbilled project expenses and fees and ensure appropriate resolution of any issues identified.
• You know compliance. You exhibit a good working knowledge of and ensure compliance with internal procedures and policies including payments, as well as client master services agreements and related project agreements and statements of work. You assist client teams and support teams with the creation of estimates and SOWs and review for accuracy and completeness.
• You collaborate. You work well with client service and support teams on pricing and discounting structures for retainers and project based work and approving the same to ensure profitability targets are achieved and maintained. You will collaborate to understand staffing needs, provide recommendations and implement improvements .
• You are a leader. You are willing to providing training to internal teams on financial procedures, including project budgeting, project financial reports, payment/purchasing procedures, timesheet completion, and managing profitability. You will drive projects forward and work to continually take lead while embracing new ideas.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• You have a minimum of 7 years’ experience operating in a similar client-facing finance role
• You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
• You have strong working knowledge of finance concepts and procedures
• You have a demonstrated ability to effectively manage and mentor teams, while embracing change
• You have the ability to react quickly and positively to unforeseen change while using experience to provide and manage a solution
• You have the ability to persuade individuals to challenge the status quo
• You have confidence/strong convictions to recommend solutions that may not be expected
• You have excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees at all levels
• You have the ability to recognize the need for continuous process improvement and provide creative solutions to increase process efficiencies
• You have ability to maintain a positive and professional attitude and work well with others
Are you interested in partnering with our global agency? If so, we would love to hear from you!