THE OPPORTUNITY //
The Public Relations Specialist is responsible for conducting ongoing global marketing communication duties for the agency, including public relations, social media, website content, email newsletters, and press releases, as well as managing and executing public relations services for agency clients as required.
THE TEAM //
Business Development Mission: Distinguish GMR, promote and sell it in the marketplace.
The Business Development department is responsible for brand stewardship, brand awareness, lead generation, prospecting and business growth. The Marketing Communications team within the department serves as a resource to the broader team as well as the entire agency. We provide management, content development and support across: business development processes, RFIs and RFPs, presentations, public relations, awards, website, social media, advertising, thought leadership, agency-owned events, speakerships and other brand touch points. Our commitment to collaboration and to developing strong internal and external relationships is integral to our success as a team.
YOUR IMPACT //
You are a PR Expert.
- Field, vet and respond to inbound media inquiries
- Generate and maintain media lists and editorial calendars
- Compile weekly and quarterly PR reports as needed
- Maintain and update agency press kits and boilerplates
- Monitor media outlets for relevant clips or story angles
- Pitch and track speakership opportunities for key agency spokespeople
- Write and distribute press releases on agency/client news to global, national, regional and local media outlets
You are a social guru.
- Manage agency’s social platforms using Hootsuite or other social management tool
- Compose, schedule and publish social posts to maximize visibility of GMR-created content
- Monitor client social channels to repost and engage with relevant content
- Monitor agency social platforms for inbound inquiries and respond accordingly
- Maintain up-to-date visual/written branding on agency social profiles
- Compile weekly and quarterly social reports as needed
You are a valued partner.
- Build and maintain a strong knowledge of GMR’s core services, processes and solutions
- Develop and maintain strong knowledge of GMR past and current programming in an effort to provide the most relevant information / case studies / capabilities related to specific business development opportunities
- Support additional internal and external communications initiatives as needed (email newsletters, internal communications, etc.)
Client Work: Johnsonville Big Taste Grill
- Provide public relations services for legacy client Johnsonville (50% coverage)
- Includes pitching to local media and coordinating media appearances (20 hours/week)
YOUR EXPERIENCE //
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Journalism, English, Communications or related field
- 1+ years of experience in public relations and/or marketing communications
- Some agency setting related experience and/or training preferred
- Experience working with Cision highly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and project management skills
- Must understand various social media channels
- Must possess extremely proficient writing skills and have a firm grasp of AP style
- Must be highly organized and able to multitask and work within deadlines
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite
- Experience working with HTML and content management systems preferred, but not required