ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY //
The Project Manager, Business Development Support is responsible for project managing business opportunities, supporting business development processes, development of pitch materials, supporting GMR’s sales management system and agency-owned events.
ABOUT THE TEAM //
Business Development Mission: Distinguish GMR, promote and sell it in the marketplace.
The Business Development department is responsible for brand stewardship, brand awareness, lead generation, prospecting and business growth. The Marketing Communications team within the department serves as a resource to the broader team as well as the entire agency. We provide management, content development and support across: business development processes, RFIs and RFPs, presentations, public relations, awards, website, social media, advertising, thought leadership, agency-owned events, speakerships and other brand touch points. Our commitment to collaboration and to developing strong internal and external relationships is integral to our success as a team.
YOUR IMPACT //
You are a project manager.
- Lead/support the planning and implementation of the RFP response in partnership with the Business Development sales/opportunity lead
- Plan and schedule response timelines and ensure all projects are delivered on-time
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress and project deliverables
- Quality assurance
- Constant monitoring and reporting on progress, problems and solutions
- Gather project feedback from all key constituents and recommend modifications as needed
You lead pitch management + support.
- Build presentations for new and existing client business pitches, including template management, chart development, writing, proofreading, content flow and formatting
- Manage and/or assist with development of RFI response materials, as assigned
- Support the development and maintenance of agency capabilities and credential content, including internal and external presentations, new case studies, RFI information, and other internal content resources
- Maintain master list of clients and employee counts for RFP/RFI purposes
- Facilitate the review and routing of legal documents associated with RFI/Ps
- Ensure consistent look and feel across all developed materials and pitch responses
- Daily management of incoming business development inquiries, including but not limited to 800# and web submissions, while following through with recommendations
You support the agency’s opportunity tracking system.
- Support GMR’s sales/opportunity management system initiatives in partnership with internal IT Network department
- Develop and execute trainings as applicable for users on system efficiencies
- Enter opportunities into system in a timely manner as needed
- Serve as backup approver of submitted opportunities
- Run weekly reports as directed
You are an industry expert.
- Assist with the development and execution of GMR branded events (both internal and external) as needed
- Travel to industry events / GMR-owned events as identified
- Manage industry event and speakership spreadsheet by adding new events and tracking participation
You are a GMR ambassador.
- Build and maintain a strong knowledge of GMR’s core services, processes and solutions
- Develop and maintain strong knowledge of GMR past and current programming to provide the most relevant information / case studies / capabilities related to specific business development opportunities
- Support the actionable tasks associated with the evergreen Business Development priorities
- Ensure brand compliance of the GMR brand
YOUR EXPERIENCE //
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 3-5 years project management experience
- Masterful command of written and verbal communication
- Strong leadership, organization and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team
- Knowledge of event marketing industry; experience with event management / activation
- Understanding of basic marketing fundamentals and content creation and integration
- Ability to multi-task and handle cross functional roles in a fast-paced, always-on, growth oriented environment
- Problem solving, critical thinking, communication and strategic planning skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel, skills required