WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB //
As the Strategic Sourcing Manager you will lead agency supplier management efforts, including categorization, monitoring, and evaluation of suppliers used by all specialty purchasing groups. As a valued member of the agency support team you will collaborate internally to identify, evaluate and qualify supplier partners, thereby mitigating risk to client deliverables. A problem solver who works proactively to reduce client and agency risk, improve overall supplier results and alleviate bottlenecks through facilitation and dialog. Serve as a mentor who educates agency personnel on negotiation and purchasing best practices.
WHO YOU ARE //
You are a Leader
- Head negotiation plan development including approach, fallback positions and agency acceptable terms and conditions.
- Execute contract and pricing negotiations and mentor buyers throughout the agency.
- Ensure successful delivery of goods and services both on time and within budget
- Implement and lead regular supplier business review meetings.
- Drive market intelligence activities.
- Manage, mentor, coach and provide feedback to direct report(s).
- Educate client service and support teams on proper sourcing policies and procedures.
You are a Sourcing Maestro
- Stay informed of changing environmental, social responsibility and diversity standards, regulations, and laws.
- Build strong, productive and collaborative working relationships with stakeholders and business partners.
- Be a technical resource while resolving any supplier grievances, claims, conflicts, product non-conformance or quality issues.
- Develop and maintain agency supplier diversity plan and metrics
- Communicate supply chain commitments per MSAs to internal stakeholders responsible for client engagements and non-billable spend to ensure compliance.
You are a thought partner
- Collaborate and work with stakeholders to lead supplier selection activities including RFIs, RFPs and renegotiations. You will lead the charge in developing strategic sourcing plans/pipeline for next 12 to 24 months.
- Develop and oversee the categorization, monitoring and evaluation of suppliers.
- Identify, qualify and approve new suppliers as requested.
- Actively listen to and engage internal and external clients to uncover relevant information and ensure desired outcomes.
- Track and communicate aggregated spend and capture the spend targets and ensure they are met or exceeded.
You are Innovative
- Develop best practices that to help drive diversity awareness and metrics.
- Initiate supplier MSAs or other time-saving legal agreements when appropriate.
- Monitor and review supplier setups, diversity reporting and spend audits.
- Identify ways to reduce costs and provide additional value to agency clients and non-billable departments.
WHAT WE NEED //
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain/Procurement, highly desirable
- 7+ years of related experience
- Strong leadership skills and excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven managerial abilities
- Self-starter who can build sourcing/procurement credibility within groups not accustomed to working with procurement
- Expert negotiation skills with a proven track record of savings
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across multi-functional teams
- Ability to develop strategic sourcing plans and dive deep into contract details ability converting data and findings into applied and specific direction
- Demonstrated knowledge of purchasing best practices
- Results-oriented with drive for results
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and comfortable with managing multiple, complex assignments
- Clear understanding of quality systems and processes
- Proficiency with Office applications including Excel, Word and presentation software.