WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB //
The Social Media Director (SMD) is responsible for the execution of strategic social media initiatives, including developing and managing share-worthy marketing campaigns, creating and supervising high-profile social channels, identifying and working with influencers, curating user-generated content, and integrating social media into the overall business strategy.
The position requires a strong understanding of social media trends and their impact on business and brands. The position ensures our social media and consumer-generated content is fully integrated with other marketing and operational efforts across the brand.
The SMD will evaluate the right social channels to educate and engage consumers about our clients’ products, events, and brands to help drive advocacy. The SMD will also develop creative ways to leverage social media to reach and influence the various customers and partners who are vital to our success.
As a key team member, the SMD will be charged with leading strategy, ideation, and execution for our client’s social media campaigns and programs. The ideal candidate will be an advocate for the right solution, must be comfortable facilitating communications with our clients and internal teams, and will be required to manage budgets and timelines.
WHAT YOU’LL DO //
- Ensure the adoption of relevant social media strategies into our client’s programs as well as the GMR culture
- Act as the advocate of social media integration for all clients and programs, influencing overall experiential, sponsorship and business strategies
- Review new social media technology and make recommendations to CS+C VPs and Directors for sell-thru
- Coordinate the planning of social media campaigns ensuring customer acquisition and supporting key marketing initiatives
- Source and manage relationships with strategic partners, social media agencies and social monitoring platforms to support and develop operational and commercial opportunities
- Research, analyze, and understand the target audience’s passions, character, and social behaviors to advise internal teams and clients on the most effective media channels and partnerships to ensure program KPIs are met effectively and efficiently
- Liaise with internal resources including account/social, digital, creative, and studio team members to ensure social campaigns are integrated and appealing
- Extract business insights from social listening
- Aid in the management of vendor/partner relationships (media, software, social, etc.)
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR //
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or related field
- Minimum of 9-10 years agency experience working across all disciplines of social: strategy, content, and distribution in both a paid and non-digital experience with 4-5 of those years specifically focused on Social Media Strategy
- Experience creating content for social clients
- Ability to package/write decks
- Proven track record in developing strategies and executing successful, social media strategies at the company or business unit level
- Intense interest and curiosity about new ways of communicating socially
- Experienced marketer with proven expertise developing and implementing strategic plans
- Strong knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and marketing tools
- Strong familiarity with online marketing best practices
- Previous experience working directly with brand manager/director of digital clients