WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB //
The Social Media Coordinator is responsible for the assistance and oversight of the management, creation, development, and delivery of GMR’s social media programs and on-the-ground coverage.
The candidate should communicate clearly and articulation, demonstrate a sustained and regular presence on social media, understand new technologies and trends in the industry, and be able to effectively and efficiently execute social media strategies that support GMR’s clients with the direction from the VP Digital & Social.
WHAT YOU’LL DO //
- Work with the Social Media team to deliver and assist with social media campaigns and day-to-day activities. Including online advocacy, writing editorial, on-the-ground coverage, community-outreach efforts, social promotions, etc.
- Work with the team to deliver client programs - show launches / programming initiatives / special events - in social networking sites including Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, and other similar social services, posting on relevant blogs, and seeding content into social applications as instructed.
- Use their strong organizational skills and critical thinking to successfully deliver GMR’s social media products and services with the direction of the VP Digital & Social.
- Execute or support brand storytelling through on-the-ground social content development or live coverage.
- Monitor and support the brand by making sure that positive messaging is maintained in community and establish consistency of messages
- Manage online discussions by listening to what the users are saying, reading discussion forums, and responding in a timely manner to the users’ needs
- Keep up with and analyze passion-related social media campaigns, trends, and innovations from competitors and across key industries including sports, entertainment, and lifestyle.
- Monitor the competition’s activations and be aware of market changes and developments
- Become an advocate of the GMR Marketing brand in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR //
- Creative, diplomatic, cool under pressure and fantastic interpersonal skills
- Strong project management or organizational skills
- Problem Solving Skills – Gathers and analyzes information, identifies goals, explores and selects solutions, implements an action plan and evaluates results
- Puts issues and work tasks in logical fashion and prioritizes accordingly. Develops a path to a desired outcome including sequence points and time estimates
- Directs behavior to emphasize the achievement of organization goals and core values
- Meeting and adhering to critical deadlines and timelines
- Meeting or exceeding expectations and objectives
- Ability to adapt or evolve with changing or shifting priorities while still meeting or exceeding expected goals
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, Twitter, Tumblr, etc.) and how they can be deployed to meet specific client objectives and scenarios
- Knowledge of blogging ecosystem relevant to our client’s influencers
- Great technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly
- Have a good knowledge of principles of SEO and PR
- Public relations, Marketing, Sales, Social Media Management experience, is a must