Agencies need numbers people, too! Our Finance and Accounting groups are detail-oriented, communicative team players who keep the numbers in order to guide and safeguard GMR’s financial success. Under the direction of the VP, Finance, the Account Director will oversee and assist with the accounting and finance functions of assigned agencies.The Accounting Director manages the General Accounting, Revenue and Tax functions and is responsible for the Agency’s financial systems and financial reporting.
YOUR IMPACT //
You are an expert in your field.
- Provide oversight for the General Accounting, Revenue and Tax functions
- Advise on accounting, financial, tax and operational issues. Prepare documentation, research and suggest solutions, and take lead role in change process
- Oversee the financial reporting for GMR-managed agencies, including monthly P&L, balance sheet, working capital and financial reporting package; annual budgeting and monthly reforecasting; quarterly and annual supplementary schedule reporting; and ad hoc reporting, as needed
- Financial application owner responsible for financial system administration, setup, user access, and system upgrade testing and implementation
- Perform all bank account administration and other banking duties as assigned
You are a valued partner.
- Liaise with network Finance management on day-to-day finance matters
- Collaborate with management and support groups to gather, evaluate and/or disseminate financial information to ensure accurate budgeting and monitoring of business results
- Prepare or review consolidated reporting for Executive Management and parent company on both a recurring and ad hoc basis
- Provide backup support to VP, Finance or Sr. Director, P2P from time to time as assigned
You are detailed.
- Review and approve payments and new or modified supplier records
- Perform Single Point of Contact (SPOC) role for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance testing
- Lead or oversee internal and external audits, including but not limited to liaising with auditors; reviewing sample population reports, transactional documentation and analyses; and making improvements to the financial processes and controls throughout the organization
- Ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Omnicom guidelines
- Assist with evaluating client credit analyses and payment term requests as needed
You are a leader.
- Supervise, hire, and train assigned staff.
- Develop, mentor and evaluate employees, including spot checking of their work; evaluating performance and workloads; determining work priority; and identifying and implementing changes to improve productivity and increase efficiencies.
You are innovative.
- Marketing is a fast-paced, ever changing industry. We are looking for someone who is energized by innovation and can bring new strategies, technology, and ideas to the table at all times.
YOUR EXPERIENCE //
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 10 years prior accounting experience and 3+ years of progressively responsible accounting experience in a similar position
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing a staff of at least 5
- Public accounting experience and Certified Public Accountant designation strongly preferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounting concepts under US GAAP
- Experience completing complex financial analyses
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize, meet tight deadlines and work efficiently in a fast-paced work environment with limited supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employee at all levels
- Ability to effectively and timely research and resolve issues with various degrees of complexity in a calm, professional manner with limited supervision
- Proven success in leading a team
- High degree of curiosity and demonstrated ability to propose innovative solutions, especially when a solution may not be apparent