Agencies need numbers people, too! Our Finance and Accounting groups are detail-oriented, communicative team players who keep the numbers in order to guide and safeguard GMR’s financial success. Reporting to the CFO, the Finance Director will be responsible for leading the finance business partners in supporting the commercial areas of the business. The individual will have ownership for project profitability, utilization and pricing as well as responsibility for automated reporting including master data governance, key metric definition and continuous improvement of the relevance and presentation of the data the business uses to make key decisions.
YOUR IMPACT //
You are a valued partner.
- Lead team of finance business partners and act as liaison between support teams and client service teams, project accounting and other accounting sub-groups in New Berlin and satellite offices.
- Key subject matter expert in business partner team for pricing and retainer structures.
- Accountable for collaborating with team members to facilitate knowledge transfer with respect to areas of expertise including but not limited to pricing, processes and best practices.
- Responsible for collaborating with client service on pricing for retainers and project based work and approving the staffing needed to ensure profitability targets are achieved and maintained.
- Exhibit a good working knowledge of and ensure compliance with client master services agreements and related project agreements and statements of work. Assist client teams with the creation of estimates and SOWs and review for accuracy and completeness.
- Review/analyze project reporting and assist client service team with interpretation of same; highlight areas of concern and proactively work with client service teams to manage budgets and any risk areas to ensure optimal profitability and resolution of issues.
- Responsible for the budget estimate form used by client service to estimate fees and expenses for client projects. Recommend and implement changes or enhancements to ensure maximum capture of revenue and relevant information needed to track progress ensuring ease of use for the client and support teams.
You are Innovative.
- Responsible for reviewing financial reporting with support group management teams on an ongoing basis to ensure profitability and revenue targets are being met along with key metrics important to the efficient and effective management of the business.
- Responsible for leading and moving strategy forward to automate reporting, ensure data integrity and ensuring the business has reporting required to help them understand their profitability and key metric performance.
- Serve as the leader for new service offerings, ensuring that system capabilities are maximized for revenue recognition, client and internal reporting and business process mapping.
- Using department P&Ls, profitability, and utilization reports, collaborate with support teams to understand and implement improvements which maximize profit on projects. Provide advice on limiting indirect overhead.
You are a leader.
- Responsible for hiring, developing and coaching direct reports. Provide candid, real-time feedback, evaluate employees and provide direction and support to achieve overall team goals
- Provide training to support teams (including initial training for new employees and on-going training for existing employees) on financial acumen, including but not limited to procedures, project budgeting, project financial reports, payment/purchasing procedures, timesheet completion, and managing profitability.
- Influential in supporting your team to challenge the status quo and drive innovation.
You are engaged.
- Responsible for monitoring company overhead, preparing quarterly bridge and advising management on where increases are appearing or where opportunity exists to reduce.
- Stay up on and be a key subject matter expert on industry standards, publications, and best practices around profitability, pricing, and overhead calculations.
- Understand data and reporting needs and assist in ensuring appropriate prioritization of requests and additional data requests.
- Responsible for defining metrics key to driving the agency, assigning them to the relevant departments or functions and setting targets annually.
- Ensure compliance with internal procedures and policies regarding payments and recording of time by employees.
- Perform monthly review of clients’ non-billable expenses and unbilled project expenses and fees and ensure appropriate resolution of any issues identified.
- Proactively engage with support departments on programs that show low profitability, scope creep or variances in hours to mitigate further profit erosion.
YOUR EXPERIENCE //
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance and 10+ years of experience in a related capacity required.
Influential people leader with 3 years of experience in a management role.
Strong working knowledge of accounting concepts and procedures.
Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate and collaborate with team members.
Ability to react quickly and positively to unforeseen change while using experience to provide and manage a solution.
Confidence/strong convictions to recommend solutions that may not be expected.
Excellent customer service and communication skills (written and oral) with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees at all levels.
Ability to recognize the need for continuous process improvement and provide creative solutions to increase process efficiencies.
Solid organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines and work well in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision.
Strong mathematical skills and attention to detail.
Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, with specific proficiency utilizing Excel.
Experience or familiarity with Deltek’s Costpoint, Cognos, and Tableau a plus but not required.