About Pierce : Headquartered in the seaside food mecca of Portland, Maine, Pierce has been creating powerful live brand experiences that drive measurable success for the world's most recognizable brands—and the scrappiest of startups—for nearly three decades. Home to a talented, passionate team of marketing professionals, Pierce couples award-winning work with an award-winning culture. Pierce is proud to be a part of the Omnicom Group.
With a key role in cultivating awareness of the Pierce brand and supporting development of Pierce’s business opportunities, the Project Coordinator will be based at Pierce’s headquarters in idyllic Portland, Maine.
About the Opportunity: The Coordinator, Client Services provides project and administrative support for assigned client programs. The Coordinator, Client Services partners with senior managers to plan, execute and manage assigned program elements to meet defined clients objectives for brand experiences.
This position will start out as temporary with the opportunity to transition to full time.
- You are a planner. Participate in the development of program budgets and timelines for assigned programs.
- You are collaborative. Partner with internal support groups to ensure assigned program elements are developed, processed and completed to meet program timelines and budgets.
- You are client facing. Participate in client and account related meetings to acquire in-depth client knowledge.
- You are tech savvy. Use Pierce’s proprietary technology to manage program elements and gather critical program data.
- You are detailed. Produce and distribute assigned client correspondence to ensure effective status reporting, complete recaps of conference calls, and details of action items are communicated to all necessary parties.
- You are a leader. Monitor assigned program execution elements to ensure quality of design elements, event setup, and field staff performance
- You are well connected. Responsible for providing timely and accurate reporting to management and clients.
- You are a problem solver. Identify program risks and work with stakeholders to effectively and quickly resolve issues.
- You are helpful. Provide administrative support to the account team, including booking travel, processing purchase orders and routing budget and contract documents.
- You have high standards. Conduct in-market training and audits for assigned programs to ensure client and Pierce expectations are being met.
Qualifications for Success:
- Bachelor’s in Marketing, Business Administration or related field
- 6 months to 1 year of event/experiential/promotional marketing experience
- Experience as a Brand Ambassador strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to meet and deal effectively with clients
- Excellent time-management, organizational and supervisory skills
- Ability to service multiple assignments simultaneously
- Willing to travel to various event locations and execute on-site
- Project management experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Software, including: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Your hard work and dedication will be rewarded with an excellent compensation and benefits package, including the following:
- Career Development Program (for all levels of experience)
- Energetic, stimulating environment
- Award-winning culture: Casual attire, incredible clients and co-workers, collaborative and engaging environment, multiple all-agency outings and parties, and more!
- Exceptional office space in the heart of the Old Port
A helpful explanation about the relationship between Pierce and GMR Marketing: Pierce and GMR are sister agencies within the Omnicom Group. While they are independent agencies, Pierce and GMR operate under a shared services arrangement under which GMR performs certain administrative services for Pierce. These services include recruiting for corporate positions.