The Account Director, Meetings + Incentives (M+I) is responsible for leading the execution strategy, budgeting, planning and execution of meetings, incentives and other events. In collaboration with the client, multiple GMR teams and vendors, the Account Director will project manage programs from inception to completion ensuring the highest standards in event execution.
You are an industry expert.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of meetings, incentives and hospitality industry.
- Serve and support GMR client teams with M+I service offering.
- Develop and present professional proposals and responses to RFPs
- Provide senior management with feedback and recommendations for future programs.
You are engaged.
- Develop strategies and creative concepts to fulfill client/brand event objectives.
- Lead and participate in event strategy and planning calls on a regular basis.
- Monitor, measure and evaluate events to ensure they are delivering against set objectives.
- Create and maintain detailed event project plans, meeting specifications and training documents.
- Lead on-site client relations, event execution, staff and vendors.
- Train on-site staff to ensure event execution is in line with client/brand objectives.
- Travel as needed (up to 50%).
You are a valued partner.
- Develop and maintain a professional working relationship with the client and internal GMR teams.
- Establish strong working relationships with industry and GMR vendors.
- Support and mentor M+I Account Executive(s).
You are fiscally responsible.
- Create and manage initial, working and actual M+I budgets including GMR fee estimates and all event pass-through costs.
- Maintain auditable financial oversight on all programs to ensure compliance and on-budget event execution.
- Conduct thorough post-event financial reconciliation and manage vendor payments.
- Leverage industry knowledge and GMR vendor relationships to negotiate and track cost savings.
YOUR EXPERIENCE //
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 7-10 years of relevant industry experience.
- Event planning, project management and on-site event execution experience in a leadership role.
- Event sourcing, negotiating and contracting experience.
- Previous large-scale event budget management experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)