WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS JOB //
The GMR Helpdesk is comprised of an outsourced level 1 call center, plus onsite level 1-3 technicians. There are opportunities to be exposed to a wide variety of technologies, and to work in a dynamic, team focused environment.
The role of a Tier 2 Help Desk Technician will provide support to our users by offering professional, courteous and prompt technical support via phone, remote administration or in person including problem definition, prioritization, analysis, re-creation, resolution, and escalation to Tier 3 technicians as needed.
WHAT YOU'LL DO //
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software and hardware.
- Provide assistance by phone, email and/or using ticketing management system.
- Track issues to resolution.
- Update the internal knowledgebase with issue resolution details.
- Track user account creation, changes and deletions.
- Perform password resets.
- Support computers, laptops, tablets, smart phones and applications.
- Perform computer imaging and user data migrations.
- Perform configuration of network devices for client events.
- Maintain user accounts including rights, permissions and systems groups.
- Escalate problems as required to Tier 3 and Network Support teams.
- Quickly and accurately determine incident scope and impact.
- Assist with process automation via Powershell.
- Assist with some network administration duties such as managing backup tape rotations.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR //
- Associates Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- At least 1-3 years experience providing computer hardware and software support, preferably in a multi-office environment.
- Ideal candidate would be responsible, dependable and have a strong aptitude to learn and have great customer service skills.
- A strong work ethic and proactive customer service orientation.
- Strong communication, time and project management skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems including Windows 7, 8 & 10.
- Knowledge of Macintosh OS X operating system a strong plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software including 2013 and 2016.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and its operation in an Office 365 environment.
- Knowledge of Windows Active Directory concepts such as permissions and group memberships.
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software problems.
- Ability to troubleshoot basic TCP/IP networking problems using tools such as ipconfig, ping and nslookup.
- Ability to present technical information in easily understood terms in both verbal and written form.
- Ability to work under and meet deadlines.