Are you an experiential and global events guru? Are you a strategic problem-solver? Do you love working with different clients to develop unique hospitality and experiential events and programs to drive business objectives? GMR is searching for someone to lead a team of talented individuals on a variety of client programming specific to Global and Local sponsorships, partnerships, and events including: Olympics, FIFA, NFL, Music, Food & Wine, Entertainment, Meetings & Conferences, etc.
- You are a global hospitality and events guru. You can bring extensive experience working within sponsorship and non-sponsorship events. You enjoy the elements of experiential marketing, innovative thinking, and the integration of unique technology solutions into events.
- You are a leader. You’ll oversee and lead the team’s client relationships. You’ll be the main strategic point of contact for the client on all aspects of GMR work and deliverables.
- You think with constant innovation. You’ll work with clients to understand their business needs and feel comfortable with new technologies and trends that can bring fresh perspectives to client events and programming. You’ll develop, maintain and grow client relationships to increase organic business opportunities.
- You are a collaborator. You’ll work closely with cross-functional teams, senior leaders, and clients in order to achieve desired results.
- You love thinking strategically. You’ll work alongside GMR senior leaders to establish strategic client goals and manage deliverables across all client sponsorship and major event platforms. You can think into the future and help our clients solve needs that they may not understand, or foresee, today.
- You’re a problem-solver. You’ll work with internal departments to ensure on-time and accurate delivery of client program needs. You will oversee the program across all platforms and lines of business.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or Sport Management
- MBA or equivalent work experience required; Consultancy experience a bonus
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in marketing strategy, experiential marketing, sports/entertainment hospitality programs and/or sponsorship marketing sports hospitality programs.
- Knowledge and experience in management of Olympic, FIFA, and/or NFL, or other sponsorship activation.
- Knowledge and experience in hospitality and operations management.
- Proven leadership and decision-making skills. Ability to lead a team of people and recruit, inspire, mentor and grow talent to produce the best possible work for clients. Personality traits for success include integrity, honesty, transparency and a team-first leader.
- Experiential marketing experience and knowledge of the industry and landscape. Knowledge and a skillset in innovative marketing practices while understanding the marketing mix outside of just pure experiential marketing.
- Knowledge and relationships within the technology community in Silicon Valley/SF Bay Area
- Financial acumen in order to manage the financials of multi-million dollar client portfolio’s to healthy margins.
- Business experience in both field and corporate positions with Fortune 500 organization
- Proven leadership and decision-making skills
- Ability to manage constant change, develop high performance teams and strong client partnerships
- Ability to travel approximately 35% of the calendar year