WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB //
As part of the Digital Group, the high-level Social Content Strategist will be responsible for the development of compelling editorial strategies and creative ideation for leading global clients, specifically on the social media team. The role will lead the concept and copy development for GMR’s social media marketing including sports sponsorships, promoted social content, blogs, promotions, newsletters and events or other specific social marketing-related materials. They will assist Client Consulting + Services with the daily operations of managing the account. This position will report to the VP, Digital + Social on the Digital Solutions team.
YOUR IMPACT //
- You are an amazing writer. Able to tell compelling stories, from smart headlines to naming projects, technical writing for B2B social marketing, video scripts, presentation decks and beyond. Edit or re-write existing copy as necessary and submit through proper agency channels for copy for approval.
- You are strategic. Provide strategic social media solutions in line with the clients’ needs. Able analyze and vary the tone and language of messages based on medium, target audience and product.
- You are innovative + creative. Work hand-in-hand with the Social team to facilitate and develop sponsorship-related social media strategies, campaigns and related content for key clients and best method for presenting material.
- You are a social media expert. You have experience working with social media campaigns and are well-versed in social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) with knowledge in social advertising and social analytics (Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, Google Analytics).
- You are collaborative. Collaborate with other members of the social and creative teams to assist in thinking of big ideas across a wide variety of platforms and channels. Participate in group brainstorms and conference calls and to effectively communicate your ideas to the rest of the internal team as well as clients.
- You have industry knowledge. Keep up with and analyze related social media campaigns from competitors. Continuously enhance knowledge of the social media business and current trends/ innovations. Provide insights, expertise and industry knowledge during client discussions.
YOUR EXPERIENCE //
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communication, Creative Writing, Marketing, or English or related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of related content development, strategic writing or social storytelling experience for social media platforms.
- Working knowledge of content development specifically for social media; experience with writing for sports and/or esports a plus.
- Pulse on pop culture, sports, music, art, design, media and content.
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills.
- Proven leader with very high initiative and work ethic.
- Strong presentation skills to varied audiences.